It's Friday sweet friends! How was your week? Mine was the official end-of-summer-as-I-know-it. Yup--you guessed it, my boys went back-to-school.
To wrap up the week, here's a quick Friday Five!
1. Word of the week: bittersweet.
Like Big Head Todd sang back in the day (*dates self*), it was more sweet than bitter, but as much as I reveled in the quiet house, I missed my boys. The house felt so . . . empty. After a summer full of Nerf wars, and all kinds of boy noise, the stillness was almost eerie. :) (Note: I said almost. hehe)
(For those wondering who the heck Big Head Todd is, check out the Big Head Todd and the Monsters video here.) :)
2. Giveaway of the week: books!
On my blog! :) Two books up for grabs: DESTINED by Jessie Harrell and ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS by Stephanie Perkins. Check out Tuesday's blog post for the deets. :)
3. Creeptastic Picture of the Week:
4. Link of the week: Editor Cheryl Klein's awesome post on A Few Things Writers Can Learn From Harry Potter. It's been around a while, but was a recent find for me. LOVE IT. :)
5. Recent YA release added to my towering TBR pile: THE KILL ORDER by James Dashner (a prequel to THE MAZE RUNNER)
So that's it!
How was your week? Did you see anything creepy, or creepy-cool? And have you ever heard of Big Head Todd?