Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Eeeep! NIL galleys are here!

Look what came in the mail yesterday!



Aren't they GORGEOUS?! *stares*


To hold my book IN MY HAND was so crazy cool, I think I smiled non-stop for HOURS. And of course I showed my husband . . . my boys . . . the Twitterverse . . . the mailman . . . and basically anyone who came near the house.:) 


Things I love about my cover?
 The font.
 The colors.
 The tally marks (oh my land--I LOVE the tally marks!) and how they swirl around like a clock--
or a wormhole.
 The island graphics.
 The silhouettes.
EVERYTHING.:)


Now check this out: THE SPINE.




How cool is that?! I love how the title runs vertical, so when you stand it up like this:




the title is oh-so-easy to read! LOVE. THAT. :)
And I love the block font.


And remember how much I love the tally marks on the front cover? 
Check this out: it's the title page inside....


Sweet, right? The tally mark graphics! I can't get enough of them.:)


Want one more peek at the inside?

Okay, you twisted my arm! (Not really--I'm dying to show you! :D) Here's a sneak peek at page one:


I LOVE the font. I mean, really love it. The chapter title fonts are PERFECT, and I love the crisp sense of the regular typeface. 

I'm so happy I want to hug EVERY SINGLE PERSON at Macmillan/Henry Holt. 

So, while this edition is an uncorrected proof -- it says so right on the back, and on the front it says "Advance Reader's Edition-Not For Sale"--
NIL is finally a book.

And I can't wait for you to read it!


Warning: shameless plus ahead :)

You can pre-order NIL below and I'll love you forever! :)





Seriously, I'm plotting a NIL-ish giveaway open to readers who pre-order. Deets soon...after I figure them out.:)


Happy day and happy reading!

23 comments:

  1. It's stunning! I love it! Can't wait for my own copy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same about GILDED! Even if I get to read the ARC w/ the OneFours, I NEED MY OWN.:) xo

      Thx Christina!

      Delete
  2. It's beautiful! Love the chapter title fonts! I shrieked after I read the sneak peek! Cannot wait to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHHHHH!!! Melody, your comment MADE MY DAY! :) I can't wait for you to read it. I remember when you picked NIL out of the One Fours lists and added it to your 2014 TBR pile, and I hope you enjoy it. I can't wait to hear what you think!!!!

      Maybe soon I'll post a pic of the first page of Thad's POV...? :)

      Thanks for the comment, Melody!

      Delete
    2. So glad I could make your day! You will make mine if you DO post another sneak peek!! Thad's POV!!! Thad's POV!!!! I know I will love NIL! So happy for you!! AHHHHHH!!!

      Delete
  3. Amazing! Can't wait to finally read it! Well done lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eliza!! I CAN"T WAIT FOR YOU TO READ IT!!! :) xo

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything about it too! So excited for you and those inside tally marks are rocking. Can I pet one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessie, YOU ARE A ROCK STAR. :) Yes, please pet one IN PERSON!!!! :) *sends email to arrange lunch* :) xoxo

      Delete
  6. Love it all, Lynne! You got blessed by the cover and innards design gods...because you are lovely and kind and have good karma and deserve all the good things. <3

    I'm super excited for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "innards design gods" *snort* LOVE IT LOLA!!!!

      And aren't you the sweetest? I'm so glad you love it! And the final will have "shimmery effects" which sound awesome. Anything shimmery must be cool.:) ALL THE HUGS, Lola!! xo

      Delete
  7. AWESOME! I love how the tally marks make, like, an eye shape in the background. Looks awesome with the white letters of the title. Very nice! You win the cover lottery, Lynne ;)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alyssa,

      I FEEL like I won the cover lottery! Well-said! I love it so much.:) And the tally marks--oh the tally marks! They totally make it for me! Glad you love them too!

      Thanks so much for the comment! :)
      xo

      Delete
  8. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats, Lynne! They are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much Sara! I love them too! *pets cover* *holds tightly* ;)

    Can't wait to swoon over DEFY! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad Libby & Margaret!!! :) *sends ALL THE HUGS* :)

    I can't wait for y'all to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lynne, how exciting!! Fred and I look forward to reading it! (Wow, I know a famous author!!) Congratulations - I cannot even imagine what goes into writing a novel. Kinda like birthing a baby, I would think. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! thanks Carol! But not-so-famous.:) Just an author! :)

      Thanks for dropping by & the warm words!
      xo

      Delete
  12. It looks awesome!! I so want a copy!!! cant wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks so awesome!! I cant wait to read it!!!

    ReplyDelete